Situated in an enviable location overlooking Wootton Creek, Kipper Cottage provides comfortable and very well presented accommodation for 4 people. The cottage benefits from ensuites to both bedrooms and French doors leading from all principal rooms to the charming rear garden with decked area enjoying Creek views. Situated down a country no-through road, the cottage would make an ideal holiday retreat for couples, families, walkers and cyclists alike. Woodside Beach is within easy walking distance. You can also enjoy a glass of wine on the deck by the chalet on the water’s edge. It has it's own pontoon and slipway for your use. Victoria Yacht Club is opposite on the creek and welcomes temporary visitors.
Kipper Cottage is only a 10 minutes drive from the Wightlink Fishbourne car ferry terminal, for those travelling over from Portsmouth. Alternatively the Red Funnel vehicle ferry arrives into East Cowes, only 15-20 mins away by car.
East Cowes is famous for Osborne House, home of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, Osborne Golf course, Marina, Heritage Centre and various sports and leisure activities.
If you enjoy walking, Firestone Copse is an attractive area of forest located very close by, and noted for its wide-ranging tree species, from oak to soaring spires of Grand Fir. You can follow one of the trails that criss-cross through the forest, winding down to the still waters of Wootton Creek.
The tranquil Benedictine Monastery Quarr Abbey is close by and welcomes visitors to its tea garden for afternoon tea and cake, or lunch, using some of the monks very own locally produced ingredients. You can learn about the monastic life at the Visitor Centre, view exhibitions by local artists and feed the resident pigs with special food purchased in the on-site farm shop.
Nearby Isle of Wight Steam Railway is a great day out for the family, taking a ride from Wootton on a vintage steam train to Havenstreet station. There is a Discovery Centre, museum, cafe and childrens’ play area.
The Victorian town of Ryde is approximately 15 mins drive away and is the second major town on the Island. It has a long and accessible sandy beach from Ryde to Appley and on to Puckpool. This popular resort town offers a range of holiday facilities, catering for all interests and ages. Seaside attractions include a mini fun-fair, bowling alley, ice rink and much more, all spanning Ryde seafront. The Esplanade has a tidal harbour where children can enjoy crabbing and watching harbour activities. There is also a boating lake where you can hire pedalos in the Summer months. The bustling town centre offers a variety of shops, bars, pubs, restaurants and cafes.
DOGS PERMITTED AT AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE OF GBP20.00 PER DOG PER WEEK - MAX 2
- Front door leads to: Small entrance hall. Large open plan living area with vaulted ceiling and laminate flooring. French doors to rear decking area and garden.
- Sitting area with 'L' shaped leather sofa and recliner. Electric 'wood burner' effect stove. Dining area with table and 4 chairs.
- Kitchen area fitted with a good range of units and appliances. Lovely views across the garden to the Creek.
- Bedroom with king size bed, fitted wardrobes with mirrored doors, French doors to decking area again with lovely views to the Creek.
- En-suite shower room with WC & WHB
- Bedroom with 2 single beds, French doors to rear again with views to the Creek.
- En suite bathroom with suite comprising bath with shower over, WC & WHB.
- Outside - To the front of the property is a gated driveway providing parking for several cars.
- To the rear of the property is a delightful garden with lovely views to the Creek. There is direct access from all the principal rooms to the decking.
- The rest of the garden is laid to lawn with established shrub & flower borders. A path leads down to a further decked area on the Creek with detached summer chalet with light and power (approx 5 minutes walk down and 8 minutes back up the hill). There is a bench mid-way. Gas BBQ, garden furniture and a small jetty pontoon and slipway.
- Night storage heaters
- Washing machine
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Electric oven with hob over
- Stainless steel extractor hood
- Colour T.V. CD Player/radio
- Free Wi-Fi
- Garden furniture for the patio
- Duvets and pillows on all beds, linen provided.
- Linen & Towels Supplied (bring own beach towels)
- No smoking
- Pets discretionary ( charge of £20 per pet per week)
Ryde is the largest town on the Isle of Wight, and with its prominent position along the seafront and hovercraft and passenger ferry links it is little wonder it is often referred to as “The Gateway to the Island”.
In addition to an expanse of sandy beaches which stretch right along the town, Ryde has a great selection of boutique shops, museums and galleries for you to visit along with lots of other things to see and do along its esplanade.
Ryde offers a great variety of things to do which will interest all ages, not least of which are the hovercraft and catamaran ferry from which you can travel to and from the mainland.
Hovertravel are the world’s oldest hovercraft operator and operate the last remaining hovercraft passenger service in Britain, whereas a trip on the Wightlink catamaran service will take you down Ryde’s recently restored early 19th century pier, which carries both vehicle traffic and train services.
Head along Ryde esplanade and you will encounter a number of great places for family entertainment, including the Superbowl and LaserQuest.
Further along there is a fun fair for young children and a very popular canoe lake which leads on to Ryde’s sandy beaches.
At low tide the sea goes out a long way making it a popular place for sports and outdoor activities, and a regular venue for beach soccer tournaments.
What a fantastic relaxing week! The cottage is beautiful, felt so at home.
Weather was so warm and sunny, managed to have a couple of BBQ's down in the riverside lodge. (What a great little place)
Would love to return one day, we even walked to The Sloop Inn 3 times in the dark!!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful cottage. xx
A lovely relaxing weekend. Kipper Cottage is our favourite place to escape the city.
It is peaceful and beautiful with singing birds and little red squirrels running around the garden.
We ate breakfast outside on the patio in the sun even in October!
We hope to return soon.
Wonderful time had by all, loved seeing all the wildlife hope to be back soon.
Thank you for helping to make Em's 21st a special one.
Weather not as good as June, but still loved it here. Looking forward
to next June and September 2019.
Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, revisiting some of our favourite places.
This must be one of the best self catering locations on the Island.
Loading the calendar for this property.
Get Directions to here
Postcode for Sat Nav