Situated in an enviable location overlooking Wootton Creek, Kipper Cottage provides comfortable and very well presented accommodation for 4 people. The cottage benefits from ensuites to both bedrooms and French doors leading from all principal rooms to the charming rear garden with decked area enjoying Creek views. Situated down a country no-through road, the cottage would make an ideal holiday retreat for couples, families, walkers and cyclists alike. Woodside Beach is within easy walking distance. You can also enjoy a glass of wine on the deck by the chalet on the water’s edge. It has it's own pontoon and slipway for your use. Victoria Yacht Club is opposite on the creek and welcomes temporary visitors.
Kipper Cottage is only a 10 minutes drive from the Wightlink Fishbourne car ferry terminal, for those travelling over from Portsmouth. Alternatively the Red Funnel vehicle ferry arrives into East Cowes, only 15-20 mins away by car.
East Cowes is famous for Osborne House, home of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert, Osborne Golf course, Marina, Heritage Centre and various sports and leisure activities.
If you enjoy walking, Firestone Copse is an attractive area of forest located very close by, and noted for its wide-ranging tree species, from oak to soaring spires of Grand Fir. You can follow one of the trails that criss-cross through the forest, winding down to the still waters of Wootton Creek.
The tranquil Benedictine Monastery Quarr Abbey is close by and welcomes visitors to its tea garden for afternoon tea and cake, or lunch, using some of the monks very own locally produced ingredients. You can learn about the monastic life at the Visitor Centre, view exhibitions by local artists and feed the resident pigs with special food purchased in the on-site farm shop.
Nearby Isle of Wight Steam Railway is a great day out for the family, taking a ride from Wootton on a vintage steam train to Havenstreet station. There is a Discovery Centre, museum, café and childrens’ play area.
The Victorian town of Ryde is approximately 15 mins drive away and is the second major town on the Island. It has a long and accessible sandy beach from Ryde to Appley and on to Puckpool. This popular resort town offers a range of holiday facilities, catering for all interests and ages. Seaside attractions include a mini fun-fair, bowling alley, ice rink and much more, all spanning Ryde seafront. The Esplanade has a tidal harbour where children can enjoy crabbing and watching harbour activities. There is also a boating lake where you can hire pedalos in the Summer months. The bustling town centre offers a variety of shops, bars, pubs, restaurants and cafes.
Mid week breaks available online, weekend breaks subject to availability (not peak season weeks) on request.
Discounted ferry travel available on request.
- Front door leads to: Small entrance hall. Large open plan living area with vaulted ceiling and laminate flooring. French doors to rear decking area and garden.
- Sitting area with 'L' shaped leather sofa and recliner. Electric 'wood burner' effect stove. Dining area with table and 4 chairs.
- Kitchen area fitted with a good range of units and appliances. Lovely views across the garden to the Creek.
- Bedroom with kingsize bed, fitted wardrobes with mirrored doors, French doors to decking area again with lovely views to the Creek.
- Ensuite shower room with WC & WHB
- Bedroom with 2 single beds, French doors to rear again with views to the Creek.
- En suite bathroom with suite comprising bath with shower over, WC & WHB.
- Outside - To the front of the property is a gated driveway providing parking for several cars.
- To the rear of the property is a delightful garden with lovely views to the Creek. There is direct access from all the principal rooms to the decking.
- The rest of the garden is laid to lawn with established shrub&flower borders. A path leads down to a further decked area on the Creek with detached summer chalet with light and power ( approx 5 minutes walk down and 8 minutes back up the hill. There is a bench mid-way. Gas barbeque, garden furniture and a small jetty pontoon and slipway.
- Night storage heaters
- Washing machine
- Fridge with freezer compartment
- Electric oven with hob over
- Stainless steel extractor hood
- Colour T.V. CD Player/radio
- Garden furniture for the patio
- Duvets and pillows on all beds, linen& towels not supplied but can be supplied at a charge of £15. per person per week. Beach towels not supplied.
- No smoking
- Pets discretionary ( charge of £20 per pet per week)
Get Directions to here
Postcode for Sat Nav